Tuesday, February 5, 2013

THE FIRST MALE by Lee Hayes



This story captivated me from the first page.

Strange things are happening to Simon and he doesn't know what to make of it. Inexplicable powers are manifesting and he's having dreams/visions of a snake calling his name and an old woman is attempting to contact him through his dreams.

This book details Simon's movement toward fulfilling a destiny he had no idea of.

My heart pounded and raced while I read this book. When I finished and closed it, I could almost hear Rod Serling's voice -- "Welcome to the Twilight Zone."

I initially said I was "captivated" by this story, but a better way to say it is that I was sucked into the story from the first page. You know how when you watch a really good movie and you're so into it that you lose track of everything but what's going on in the movie and when someone interrupts, you initially blink, trying to orient yourself to reality, then get mad because they disturbed you? THAT'S how I felt. This is a book that I can (and will) read multiple times.

Simon is the first-born male of his family. With that distinction, comes a devastating prophesy. The first male is to be the destroyer of the world. At birth, he was snatched and spirited away by his high priestess grandmother, Adelaide, his whereabouts magically hidden from everyone. But now, his twenty-first birthday is approaching and his full powers will come to fruition.

Not only is Adelaide searching for him, but so is someone in the Darkness.

The First Male is available in paperback and e-book. To purchase from Amazon, click on the cover below.



**Disclosure: I received an ARC from the publisher. No monetary or other compensation was received in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment